Adobe has released Action Script 3.0 client library for Facebook platform API and most importantly this library is fully supported by Facebook and Adobe. This will help developers to use the power of Flash in their Facebook applications. Flash defiantly make Facebook applications more interactive and rich as compare to applications that are not using the Flash technology.
Flash is available on more than 98% of Internet-connected PCs, so people can immediately access the applications, content, and video that enable social interactions. The Facebook Platform is used by millions of people everyday to connect and share with the people in their lives. Together, both platforms allow you to:
- Share: Create rich interactions for users to share with friends.
- Have fun: Make games social; let users compete against their friends.
- Connect: Let users connect to your RIAs with Facebook Connect.
- Solve problems: Build RIAs that harness the power of community.
- Reach people: Reach millions of Facebook users through social distribution
There is one very important point i noticed Microsoft has partnered with MySpace a Facebook rival for brining its Silverlight technology to MySpace and at the same Microsoft already invested $240 million in Facebook and Facebook is teamed up with Silverlight rival that is Flash.
Get the API
- For the latest ActionScript 3.0 Client Library for Facebook Platform:
Go to Google code ›
- Quick start: Build your first Facebook application with Flex
- Video: Build your first Facebook application
- Article: Understand the architecture of Facebook applications