Although Android platform contains different security extension to protect users data and privacy but recently there were news about android Apps sending data to some remote server. Nick Kralevich said , application developers are ultimately responsible for how they handle users’ information. It’s important for developers to understand the code they include, and consider the permissions they request, as mishandling these issues can result in users perceiving a violation of trust. He mentioned 8 tips for writing trustworthy application on Android platform
- Minimize permissions
- Give your users a choice regarding data collection
- Don’t collect unnecessary information
- Don’t send data off the device
- but if you have to, use encryption and data minimization
- Don’t use code you don’t understand
- Don’t log device or user specific information.