The Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server are PHP 5 extensions that allows for the reading and writing of SQL Server data from within PHP scripts. The SQLSRV extension provides a procedural interface while the PDO_SQLSRV extension implements PDO for accessing data in all editions of SQL Server 2005 and later.
The major feature in this release is the support for PDO with a new PDO_SQLSRV driver. In order to support the new PDO_SQLSRV driver to be consistent with the existing SQLSRV driver, the code was re-architected into a core functional layer and an “API” layer above. The SQLSRV driver is built from this re-architected code, and also includes some important bug fixes. This release is available to all SQL Server users at no additional charge.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3
- PHP 5.2.4, or later. For more information about downloading and installing PHP, visit PHP on Windows.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client (available in the SQL Server 2008 R2 Feature Pack.
- Any edition of SQL Server 2005 or later.
- A Web server configured to run PHP.
Perform the following steps to download and install the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server:
- Download SQLSRV20.EXE to a temporary directory
- Run SQLSRV20.EXE
- When prompted, enter the path to the PHP extensions directory
- After extracting the files, read the Installation section of the SQLSRV20_Readme.htm file for next steps