Recently Microsoft announced Project Silk Road to delivering broad suite of tools and API’s to developers. Microsoft released two new updates for webmaster : (1) The ability to detect malware on your site and the sites you link to. (2) A simplified authentication process that makes accessing our tools much easier. These two updates will help webmaster to protect their websites from Malware and offer a better performance for Live Search.
Malware Detection: When Live Search crawls the Web if it finds web pages are infected with malware or some other malicious code then Live Search flag these pages Live Search crawls the Web. With this updated Malware detection webmasters will be able to
- Detect whether there is malware present on any of your WebPages or on any of the WebPages you link to (all these links will be disabled and flagged in the search results as malware).
- Download reports detailing which WebPages on your website are affected and how to fix the problem.
- Ping our support team to get your sites re-scanned and re-included in Live results within days, not weeks.
Live Search webmaster tools are also offering ability to detect and filter outbound pages that are linked to infected web pages.
With the updated Outbound Links tool in Webmaster Center, you will be able to:
- Determine whether any malware has been detected on any of your outbound links.
- Download offline-accessible reports detailing which WebPages on your website contain links to external pages containing detected malware.
Easier Authentication: Microsoft Live Search has solved some of the difficulties faced by large website owners for authentication. With this new improved authentication process users can use one authentication code for all your sites. Webmasters need not to specify between XML or HTML authentication methods for each registered site. Webmaster only has to add the code to their websites rest of things are handle by Live Search authentication.